Reporting To: NPI Engineering Manager
NPI Project Management
Management, control and co-ordination of NPI projects from quote phase through to product realisation, ensuring an effective transfer of the project, in every aspect, into production, whilst ensuring project deadlines and requirements, including regulatory, are achieved. Management of NPI Projects as an individual covering all engineering, material and commercial aspects of a project or as Project Manager of a team of professionals working to a project plan with often challenging time scales. Involvement in the development of the NPI process, including the deliverables necessary at each stage gate to ensure internal and external customer requirements are exceeded.
Engineering responsibilities may include engineering solutions for test development, product design, customisation of existing product design and technical support on build to print product including, but not exclusive, the following:
- Project management and ownership of multiple parallel projects
- Hands on support in model and pre-production build as necessitated by the business.
- Maintenance of appropriate and accurate records.
- Involvement in contract review with respect to all NPI engineering and commercial issues.
- Completion and development of documentation as per the requirements of ISO9001
- Any other reasonable duties as requested.
- 3rd level education in an engineering discipline
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment in an engineering capacity
- Possess expertise in a wide range of standard project management methodologies and processes and be an expert in managing multiple projects.
- Possess ability to self-direct and exercise independent judgment, managing workload with limited supervision.
- Champion customer focus in all aspects of the role.
- Display effective interpersonal skills across all levels of the business.
- IT literate with experience in MS office suite of programs
- Ability to communicate project status and escalation of issues / problems
- Manage project portfolio activity including data entry/updates to facilitate weekly/monthly reporting and Key Project Milestone reviews.
- Provide recurring and ad hoc project status reports.
- Demonstrable Project Management Experience including leading project teams
What we look for
- Experience managing technical projects preferred.
- Knowledge, experience and skills required to launch product programs and projects.
- Experience leading cross-functional project teams.
- Strong interpersonal skills to develop high performing teams.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems.
- Ability to manage project costs and risks
- Ability to lead and manage a wide range of initiatives, issues, priorities, etc